Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Flip That House

I am getting ready to move back into the house I grew up in as a child. My Dad has rented it out to family members for several years. I lived there for a couple of years when I returned home from Valdosta. Since then it has been home to my cousin Mandi and her husband, then my older sister and her crew. Needless to say, the house needed a little work.
My Dad and I have taken on the project of renovating the house on a tight budget. What an adventure this has been. Every room has been painted, new carpet has gone in, we had bead board panel and a chair rail put into the dining room, every fan blade has been dusted and globes washed, 5 years of oak tree leaves removed from the yard, kitchen cabinet doors replaced, appliances scrubbed... you get the picture.
The movers come Friday to move Jessica and I out of the apartment and into the house. I can't wait!
I will post some pictures once we get moved in and boxes unpacked.

No comments: